Learn to Swim Instructors
Camberwell Grammar School is an independent Anglican day school for boys from Pre-Preparatory to Year 12. We aim to give every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond school. We are a ‘Learning Community’, which encourages staff, students, past students and parents to involve themselves fully in all aspects of school life and to identify themselves with its values. We are proud of the warm spirit that characterises our school family.
Reporting into the Aquatics Coordinator the Learn to Swim Instructors are responsible for:
- Working with the Aquatics Coordinator to deliver high quality programs to the out of hours programs and/or the PE department and/or Junior School programs where applicable
- Providing high quality learn to swim lessons
- Fostering a positive swimming culture and a fun environment
- Working as part of the Lessons Team
- Providing feedback regarding student’s progression to the Aquatics Coordinator
- Ensuring swimmers are progressing through the prescribed level
- Identifying swimmers that may be ready to move up a level
- Providing feedback to parents regarding students where applicable
- Hours will be between 3.15pm and 6.15pm on Monday and Thursday afternoons
- The length of shits may vary depending on our bookings
- The work will primarily focus around school terms
- However, there may be limited hours through school holidays also
We are looking for individuals with the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Great communication skills
- Ability to teach swimmers new skills
- Ability to help swimmers refine and master skills
- Ability to help swimmers progress through their levels
- Austswim or Australian recognised equivalent
- Level 2 First Aid and CPR
- Working with Children Check
- Police Records Check
- Austswim Assessor (Desirable)
- Lifeguard (Desirable)
- It is also essential you have the above availability
To view the position description, please click here.
If you believe you have what we are looking for, use the following link to submit your cover letter and resume via Seek: Learn to Swim Instructors.
Only applications received online via Seek will be accepted.