Functions and Facilities Coordinator
Camberwell Grammar School is looking for someone to join our team on a part-time contract (maternity leave cover) as the Functions and Facilities Coordinator. This role is a 9-month part-time contract, where there may be potential for a short extension. The hours for this role are 11.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.
The Functions and Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the administrative and logistical support required to deliver successful functions for the School as well as providing support to the Facilities and Operations Manager (FOM) in the general function, safety and security of the school facilities.
This is a hands-on role and you will be required to liaise with contractors, clients and service providers (internal and external) and undertake invoicing and administrative tasks. Other key responsibilities include:
- Oversee and support staff in the use of AV technology within the Sports Centre including scoreboards and timing systems
- Participate in regular staff Health and Safety and First Aid training and Centre orientation sessions
- Maintain vigilant oversight of the security of the Centre
- Meet the information needs of staff and families in relation to the activities in progress within the facilities
- Maintain the First Aid equipment and materials stock in the Sports Centre first aid room
- Assist with facility set up and function requirements when applicable
- Control the visitor traffic and behaviour in the Sports Centre and Performing Arts Centre in the context of maintaining a safe environment for all
- Liaise with the Duty Managers
- Ensure all Occupational Health and Safety matters are addressed promptly and reported
- Meeting with clients (internal and external) to identify the objectives of the function
- Conduct tours of the School complex with potential clients when required to show spaces available and ensure prompt responses to client requests/enquiries
- Ensure all client communication is documented and recorded
- Meet with relevant teams when planning a function – monitor and format work within budgets, review administrative procedures and discuss progress
- Coordinate logistics for a function e.g. catering, signage, displays, audiovisual equipment, lighting, printing, parking, security, BMS, bump in / out etc.
- Functions administration e.g.: quotes, invoicing, checklists, run sheets, floor plans, contracts etc.
- Negotiate contracts for services, approve invoices and monitor financial reporting
- and more…
To be considered for this role we are looking for someone with the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Previous experience in Facility operations administration – essential
- Previous experience in delivering functions / events / hospitality – desirable
- Experience in preparing client proposals, function schedules, run sheets etc.
- Ability to administer first aid and provide leadership in the case of an emergency
- Strong administration background – essential
- Excellent client management skills – essential
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills – essential
- Outstanding time management and organisational skills
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office as well as experience using databases – My Maintenance (advantageous)
- First Aid Qualified – essential
- Epipen qualification
- Relevant tertiary qualifications Business / Event Management – desirable
- CPR qualification with Defibrillation component – desirable
- Pool Lifeguard Award – desirable
- Pool Lifeguard experience – desirable
To view the position description, please click here.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for this role, then please submit a cover letter and updated CV using the following Seek link: Functions and Facilities Coordinator.
Applications close 11.00pm Sunday 20 June.