This is a very exciting time for an experienced HR Coordinator to join a newly introduced HR department and assist the HR Manager in building the HR function from scratch. At Camberwell Grammar School we have over 150 Teachers and 60 Office Admin Staff. We pride ourselves on giving every boy in our care the very best possible education in order to prepare him for life beyond School. The HR department aims to help all staff contribute to and achieve this goal.
The role of the HR Coordinator is to provide administration support to the HR Manager across a range of functions. Key responsibilities include:
- End to end recruitment
- Supporting the HR Manager with the roll-out & coordination of HR projects (e.g.: HRIS, Position Description Review, Induction & Onboarding, HR policies, Health & Wellbeing and more)
- Preparation of accurate and timely HR documentation – employment contracts, adjustment letters, position descriptions, starter packs
- Support with the management of WorkCover claims and Return to Work processes
- Support with Professional Development (e.g. coordinating training, researching courses, admin support for Professional Development Days, maintaining records etc.)
- Assistance with HR engagement and culture activities as required
- General HR administration (e.g. maintaining employee personnel files, scanning, HR reporting, drafting documents, maintaining employee files, org charts, probation reporting etc)
- and more…
To be considered for this role, the ideal candidate must have:
- At least 2 years proven experience in a similar HR administration / coordination generalist role (essential)
- Prior experience in managing end to end recruitment (essential)
- Completed or working towards tertiary qualification in Business, Human Resource Management or Industrial Relations (essential)
- Understanding of employment legislation, HR principles and best practices (essential)
- Excellent computer skills including advanced skills in Office computing applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (essential)
- Sound written and oral communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organisational skills, the ability to successfully complete several tasks concurrently
- A Can-Do attitude – you must be happy to perform a variety of tasks from the lower level mundane administration tasks to the exciting HR project work
If you believe you meet the above criteria, then please submit a Cover Letter addressing the above criteria and a current resume attention to: HR Manager by clicking on the Apply for this Job button.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 2 JULY, 11PM.
JUNIOR SCHOOL CHAPLAIN, PART-TIME – COMMENCING TERM 1, 2018
Camberwell Grammar School, a Pre-Prep to Year 12 Anglican Boys School, is seeking a suitably qualified Chaplain to provide ministry to our Junior School boys and to teach Religious Education.
This is a permanent 0.4 part-time position commencing from the beginning of Term 1, 2018. As pastor, the Chaplain is available to provide pastoral care and counselling to students, staff and parents of the school. This can occur through personal contact and classroom teaching.
As a teacher, the Chaplain participates in the academic program to deliver both Christian and Religious education programs within the curriculum and in co-curricula non-compulsory programs. As Priest whether ordained or not, the Chaplain provides leadership in services of worship in the All Souls Chapel and at school assemblies, and other sacramental activities that are part of the ministry within an Anglican school. The Chaplain should be eligible to be licensed by the Archbishop of Melbourne.
Chaplaincy acts to mirror back to the school community the values, beliefs and actions that are inherent in the Christian world view and practice; to affirm where they exist and challenge where they seem to be wanting.
It is understood that the Chaplain as a Christian Minister is committed to working in an interfaith manner, which is respectful of the various faith traditions present in the school community while recognising and affirming the distinctive Christian tradition that underlies the ethos of this Anglican school.
The Christian and Religious education program has a pivotal function in connecting all students with the faith and traditions of the Church.
The Chaplain provides leadership in services of worship in the All Souls Chapel and at School Assemblies and other sacramental activities that are part of the ministry within an Anglican School.
As Pastor, the Chaplain is available to provide pastoral care to students, staff and parents of the School.
- is available for confidential pastoral counselling and care to all members of the school community.
- is involved in school processes relating to crisis intervention and trauma debriefing
This is a 0.4 position based in the Junior School but linked to the whole school program and may involve cross campus collaboration.
The Chaplain is a member of the teaching staff whose responsibility is to deliver Christian Education programs within the curriculum from Years Pre-prep to Year 5.
The Chaplain devises and implements a structured, sequential program that enables the exploration of Christian beliefs and values.
As part of the teaching load, the Chaplain may be asked to assist with the learning program of the School, as well as contributing to general school activities and evens as they arise.
Attendance at staff meetings and professional development activities is encouraged.
The Chaplain will lead the Junior School Community Outreach Program.
Applicants should have an energetic and enthusiastic commitment to meeting the educational and personal needs of primary school students. In order to join the teaching staff of Camberwell Grammar School, you will need to supply the School with a copy of your:
(i) current qualifications; and
(ii) certificate of Teacher Registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching.
The Chaplain should also be licensed by the Archbishop of the Diocese of Melbourne to serve as Chaplain to the School.
Applications, including a full Curriculum Vitae, copies of transcripts of academic records, and the names and telephone numbers of three referees, and VIT Registration details should be emailed as soon as possible to:
Dr Paul Hicks
Camberwell Grammar School
Applications Close: Friday 14 July 2017
Camberwell Grammar School is committed to child safety. We have zero tolerance of child abuse. Our robust human resources, recruitment and vetting practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interviewing process. Applicants should be aware that we carry out working with children, police and reference checks to ensure that we are recruiting the right people.